Sunday, September 6, 2009

Adventures on public transit to Berkeley!

Dad took me to Berkeley a couple days ago - it was SO much fun, but I'm still pooped. That's what happens when I ride the train for 4 hours (!). I LOVE riding the train, but even I have my limits.

Here's a quick rundown of our fabulous day riding public transit to Berkeley:
  • Hopped on Caltrain in Mountain View at 8:59am (good thing the train station is just a few blocks from our house). The conductors we're really nice and I really enjoyed looking out the window. I love Caltrain.
  • Switched over to BART in Millbrae. I wasn't that excited about getting on another train after the 40 min on Caltrain, but good thing Dad brought lots of Cheerios and raspberries. The snacks and playing Amazing Race with auntie Kasey was pretty fun.
  • Arrived in downtown Berkeley around 11am. It was fun walking around Berkeley with auntie Marna, especially since the Cheeseboard has so much bread and cheese. Yum. The chocolate gelato at Gelateria Naia was tasty too - and it was pretty cool they list the farms where their fruit comes from! I wish I had more time in Berkeley to run around and play at the park. Maybe next time, we can get out of the house earlier and have more time.
  • Back on the BART around 1:30pm and Mountain View Caltrain station around 3:15pm. It was a long haul home. I was fine as long as Dad was willing to help me "fly", carry me up and down the Caltrain stairs, and feed me lots and lots of raspberries.
After we got home, I was pooped and conked out for 2 hours. I didn't realize how much fun it could be to play on the train and BART for 4 hours (and I didn't realize Dad could have the energy to entertain me for that long). I love riding the train - maybe we can go for an hour next time? =)


No comments:

Post a Comment